Monday, November 29, 2010

The security of Home

"if i could only go home and just get recharged and then come back. it isn't like in auburn when you get to just go home get a break from school, friends, college, and go home to security and comfort and then go back out again! we just can't go home... we are playing this game and life 24-7 and if we just had some sort of comfort of home or a place to run to for security.... it think it would be so different!!" then in my head this thought comes in, "miller, but you are never going to be home until you are at home with me in heaven. memphis is not your home. auburn is not your home. america is not your home. not even china is your home.  the earth is not your home. and you will always be striving for the security of home, but the only place you will find and can find that is in me and with me!" 

These words come from an email my sweet friend Miller sent me a couple of weeks ago.  Miller has an absolutely huge heart for the Lord and is spending this year in China to love on the people of that country. She has been thrown into a world so far from what she has always known. Miller has been blessed with the ability to love on other people in a way that I have always envied. She is warm and inviting. She is sweet and kind and completely unaware of the many ways to Lord is using her. She is encouraging the people in China but also her friends and family in America who are being encouraged through her work. I am in awe of her willingness to serve and I am humbled each time I hear from her.

Coming back yesterday from memphis and oxford to a still unfamiliar world, I am quickly reminded why we all long so desperately for home. I have felt this longing more in Denton than I ever have. When I am surrounded by my close friends and family I forget that this is not my home.  The words of this email have reminded me its not Memphis or Oxford I am ultimately longing for, its not my friends or family, or even a bit of consistency from an old world I so comfortably lived in , what I am longing for is deeper than any of of those things,  its heaven.


How sweet will it be when we finally reach it, when we stand in his glory, when we know we are home

Happy Monday,
Until Then,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment