Sunday, November 7, 2010

How Sweet is Thy Presence

This morning I braved another week of church on my own. I confess that several Sundays I have not had the courage to go alone. This morning I decided I was using my being alone as a crutch. So  I got up, put on my Sunday's best, and was out the door.


compliments of ttp://2.bp.blogspot.com




I timidly walked into to church and although I know part of my goal of going was to meet people I quickly found my seat and read the bulletin to avoid awkward conversations. Church began with worship. And as soon as those first few cords were played I knew why I had come


I had longed to sing the praises of my father
I had missed spending time in fellowship with other believers. 
My heart was in need of communion and I had been ignoring that
I had let my own comfort get in the way of glorifying him



The sermon was great, communion was intimate, and the worship was beautiful. Everything I look for in a church home. After the service people greeted me and asked how I was doing. They reassured me of the uniqueness of Denton,TX and reminded me I am not alone in my feelings toward my new home. Those short conversations help me to remember that I am not in Denton for my own gains, but for his and that fact alone is enough. 


As I drove home from church today the lyrics from a song kept playing over and over again in my head,

"Better is one day in your courts,
Better is one day in your house,
Better is one day in your courts,
Than thousands elsewhere"

Happy Sunday,
Until Then,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment