Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A small kitchen addition

I had a wonderful christmas this year. And two of my favorite gifts were completely unexpected but excited me more than anything else I received. I love small treasures that can be displayed around my apartment and for christmas my mom and sister picked out two perfect gifts from anthropologie...


A stacking set of measuring cups



And an equally adorable set of measuring spoons




I was debating on how to use them. They are too cute to set in a drawer but I also did not want to display them in a way that wasn't functional...


So after a weekend trip to Ikea I found exactly what I was looking for....




For anyone who has not been to Ikea it is an experience in itself. It is a large warehouse complete with all your home needs. The entire top floor is complete with staged rooms that display all of their products. And there is not a kitchen in the whole place that is not equipped with a hanging bar and hooks. They have everything including utensils, dish towels, pots and pans, spices, and plants all neatly hung on a set of hooks. I bought an extra bar and set of hooks in hopes that I come across something else that needs to hung. 


And the best part the bar was $1.99 and the hooks $.99 for a pack of ten


I purchased a few other things at Ikea this weekend that I will post about later




Until Then,
Amy


(first two photos courtesy of anthropologie.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment