Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Inspiration Renovation

I have always loved the idea of inspiration boards. I have seen them on other blogs (the first three pictures below) and when I moved to Denton I attempted to create one of my own (the fourth picture). 

apartmenttherapy.com
studiomothers.com
http://blog.michelleragoltd.com/things-i-love_73/



Mine was lacking personality and inspiration so I gave it a makeover.


I began with a old frame I purchased at a junk antique store in memphis and painted it white. I used an industrial ceiling tile covered in burlap as the center. I used a staple gun to attach it to the frame. 




I added pictures, quotes, ribbon, and a few other things to create my own inspiration board 
and here is the final product......



I used pictures of friends, quotes, and homes I love


I used some of the stationary I made using cardstock paper and my printer 
and cut out outfits I loved out of magazines


I added a gift tag and a bow I had left over from holiday wrapping
(gift tag can be found here)


I took some of the quotes that I had used on my first inspiration board
 and backed them with paper for a new look

I am pleased with my final product. 

Until Then,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment