Sunday, August 29, 2010

Simply Sunday

"Sunday was a day of rest 
Now, it’s one more day for progress 
And we can’t slow down ‘cause more is best
It’s all an endless process"
-Rascal Flatts


Sundays are my favorite. But only when I treat them the way they were intended.  Most weeks I use it as a day to get ahead and to get a jump start on my work for the week. But this is not why we have Sundays. They were given as a reminder that someone outside of us is taking care of things and we should take a day each week to rest in that truth.

 Each Sunday I am going to provide you with a favorite recipe. Some will be healthy and others just delicious
courtesy of www.flickr.com



For the first week I am sharing an M&M cookie recipe. I found it in my moms recipe box this summer and she was given the recipe by a friend from her hometown. My sister loves to cook and has become a wonderful baker. She loves to add her own touch to an already existing recipe.  She often switches out the M&Ms for different types of chocolate chips or nuts.

My sister made a batch of these cookies for the day of this sweet one's wedding and we happily ate them as we got dressed to watch her walk down the aisle.

Delightful M&M cookies:

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
dash cinnamon
2 cups M&Ms

 Preheat oven to 375. Blend oil, butter, and sugars. Beat in the vanilla and eggs. Sift the dry ingredients together and add the mixture. Stir in the M&Ms. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

I hope you were able to rest today and maybe even enjoy a delicious cookie and
Until Then,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment