Thursday, August 26, 2010

a place of my own


“Everybodys just a stranger but that’s the danger of going my own way”
-John Mayer

I have been perfectly planning my new home all summer. Although its just a one bed room studio apartment, its my first home of my own. It is completely mine and it was exciting to watch it turn from an empty room into my own place


Already it has served as more than just an apartment


It has been a place where my family could eat meals, watch movies, and just spend time together before they left


It has been a place where an old friend could come to visit, catch up, and make plans for her sweet wedding in May



And although it is just me living here my hope is that my small apartment serves as much more than a place to hold my belongings


I hope it holds study groups, movie parties, and gatherings for new friends


I hope it holds much needed reunions with old friends traveling from wherever they now call home


I hope it can be a place where I can study and get things done but also a place I can climb into bed each night and find rest


So here is my new place



hope you enjoy it



Until then,
Amy

1 comment:

  1. I looooveee love love your new place! It is so you and looks wonderful and homey! yayay!

    ReplyDelete